December means the official Christmas decor season. While everyone is excited, some are stressed: How to decorate this year? With thousands of products in the market and a flood of design styles, I bring you what’s trending this year. So with lots of joy and obviously lots of Pinterest pictures, let’s begin….
What’s Covered in This article?
- Grinch Christmas Tree
- Prismatic Christmas Decor
- Western Cowboy Christmas decor.
Christmas 2023 Decor Trends
With the evr changing trends, it’s difficult to keep track. The Grinch Christmas tree and prismatic Christmas décor were popular when I last checked. Comment down below what’s trending while reading this article.
Grinch Christmas tree
What are Grinch Christmas Trees?
Grinch trees are playful oddly shaped trees inspired by Dr. Seuss’s character, the Grinch. It typically features a green tree adorned with chaotic, leaning ornaments, resembling the Grinch’s attempt to steal Christmas in the iconic story. Decorations may include items like Grinch-themed ornaments, fuzzy green garlands, and even a Grinch tree topper.
What are Grinch decor elements?
Yellow-green is the typical Grinch colour. The Grinch, his dog Max, and other narrative figures are portrayed in ornaments and other décor that was inspired by the film. These ornaments often capture the distinctive appearance of the Grinch with his green fur and sly grin. Some decor include-
- Typical red and white candy colour ornaments.
- Feature ornaments shaped like the Grinch, his dog Max, or other characters from the story.
Prismatic Christmas Decor
These days, crystals, and clear and clean glass decor are quite famous. This trend has followed it to Christmas decor as well.
What are Prismatic Elements?
Ornaments, lamps, and other décor items that employ a range of vivid colors and maybe reflected or iridescent materials are examples of prismatic components. These decorations frequently produce an eye-catching and vibrant display that heightens the joyous mood of the holidays. Rainbow-colored decorations, metallic or holographic finishes, and lights that emit a variety of colors are examples of prismatic Christmas decor. Some decor options include-
- Use of LED lights on trees, wrapped around banisters, or outline windows.
- Glitter and sequins add a touch of sparkle to various decorations, including ornaments, garlands, etc.
- Add in geometric forms like diamonds, hexagons, and triangles.
- Transparent or semi- transparent decor elements.
Incorporating prismatic Christmas decor can bring a modern and dynamic touch to your holiday decorations. Rather of using the conventional red and green decorations for Christmas, this is a different approach to holiday decorating.
Some Prismatic Christmas Decor: https://www.amazon.com/Hourleey-Christmas-Ornament-Decorations-Multicolor/dp/B0B63MS2V8/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=295ZHN0CWIW2F&keywords=prismatic+christmas+decor&qid=1701266567&sprefix=Prismat%2Caps%2C653&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1
Western Cowboy Christmas Decor
This decor style is hugely inspired by the American West. It is essentially a return to basics in vintage style.. Rustic materials like wood, iron and leather are used with a warm colour palette.
What are Western Cowboy Decor Elements?
- Use of Cowboy ornaments contibutes a huge part in this style. Cowboy hats, cowboy ornaments like boots, lassos, etc are used to decorate the house and obviosly the Christmas tree.
- Fabrics like plaid and denim, reminiscent of traditional cowboy attire, are often used in tree skirts, stockings, and other textiles.
- Rustic interiors go very well with this style. Check out my article on rustic interiors: Rustic Interior Design: Decorating a rustic home
That’s a wind-up on what’s trending this week. I’ll come back with more intresting Christmas trends as they come up. Do comment below if you liked this article and it helped you. Thanks for stopping by.